I just finished reading a book called Clean: the Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself ,written by Alejandro Junger. It explains how to prepare and go through a well-round detox program. I like this program over Master Cleansing or Juice Diet program as it combines liquid diet (juice and soup) and solid meal. Although not everybody wants to try this rather intensive ditox program, you can cleanse your body in a daily basis through diet, supplements, and lifestyle practices. Here are some tips.
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods. Avoid problem foods: caffeine inhibits detoxification. Food produced with the use of pesticides as well as genetically altered foods are potentially toxic. Consume organic foods when possible and avoid highly processed, non nutritious "junk food"( As an , genuinely organic fruits and vegetable tend to contain more nutrients than those grown with pesticides.).
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins. Of course a natural way is better, but sometimes EmergenC will help!!
4. Drink at least 2 quarts of water daily. It helps flush out waste and pollutants while keeping your immune system energized. Drink at least two big glasses of water, preferably spring water, daily ( tap water can actually add toxins to your body).
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system. Practice breathing exercises: Breathing oxygenates the body, giving it life and promoting healing and detoxification. By just taking a few minutes each day to focus on taking slow, deep breaths, you will not only help reduce stress; you will also help cleanse your body.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions. Count what you are thankful....and say "thank you" outloud. Don't say nothing, hold your breath 1 min, and breathe again. Are you thankful that you can breathe??
7. Try hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sauna is a great way to detox: through sweating , we release accumulated bodily waste and pollutants . spending time in a sauna ( or undergoing another from of sweat therapy) on a regular basis should be part of a comprehensive immune -boosting program. Drink plenty of water before and after a trip to the sauna.
10. Get regular aerobic exercise: Aerobic exercise (swimming, bicycling,etc) strengthens the cardiovascular system and is therefore a crucial component in detoxification. Moreover, studies have demonstrated that exercise accelerates the removal of waste and toxins at the cellular leve.
11. Everybody loves massage! Yes, there are legitimate health reasons for getting a professional massage. Massage relaxes tissues and increase fluids circulation. There are many different types of massages that each achieves slightly different goals, but any massage that promotes movement of shin and muscle will help detoxify the entire body.
12. Get a detoxification bath: It is now common for pricey spas to offer detoxification treatment using mud, clay. salt, seaweeds, herbs or other methods. Some of these concoctions may be more hype than substance. An effective and inexpensive method to promote detoxification through the skin is with Epsom salts. These hydrated magnesium sulfate salts increase blood supply to the skin and promote detoxification. simply add a comfortable amount ( up to four cups ) of Epsom salts to your bath and enjoy the relaxing effects they produce.
13. Consider herbal/enzyme treatments: There are special herbal formulas on the market that delivers enzymes to the liver to help it detoxify the blood. Consult your physician familiar with these detoxification methods for recommendations. Other types of products are available for more general detoxification purposes. A company called Detoxify produces a variety of products including herbal capsules and especially formulated drinks designed to help cleanse the entire body.
Comments will be approved before showing up.