How To Fold A Menstrual Cup: The Punch Down Menstrual Cup Fold
The Punch Down fold is a favorite among many women, one of the easiest to use, and offers a super comfortable insertion. Let’s investigate the pro’s and con’s of this fold.
The pros of using the Punch Down fold include:
- Good for beginners – if you’re just starting out, this fold is one of the easiest ones to do. Simply press down or “punch down” one side and fold over.
- Narrow entry point – one of the narrowest entry points out of the menstrual cup folds.
- Comfortable insertion – no jagged edges or pieces sticking out, everything folds inward making it smooth and comfortable to insert.
- Easily accessible – no fancy tricks here! Simply press down one side in to the cup and you’re done!
- Wider midpoint – some women may find the middle of the cup larger and not as comfortable as the entry point.
- Possible sealing issues – some women report this fold may not fully open up and could cause leaking issues.
Ready to learn how to do the Punch Down fold? Take a look at the video below for a quick tutorial!
Which is your favorite fold? Do you know a fold we didn’t list above or mention in the video? Let us know! Join the discussion in the comments below, or find us on Facebook!
Don’t forget to visit us online at Sckoon.com! Your period should be a breeze, and with Sckoon's Cup, an internally worn menstrual cup, it will be. Discover a clean, effective alternative to tampons or disposable pads. Made from FDA approved soft medical-grade silicon, it’s safe, reusable, environmentally friendly, and pretty, too!