How To Fold A Menstrual Cup: The “3” or “E” Menstrual Cup Fold
The "3" or "E" fold is not as common of a fold as the "Punch Down" or "7" fold as it can be a bit tricky. Let’s investigate the pro’s and con’s of this fold.
The pros of using the "3" or "E" fold include:
- Pops open easily – Due to the unique shape of the fold, this fold definitely pops open easily. Once inserted, simply remove your fingers and the fold instantly pops open.
- Comfortable when folded correctly – Once this fold is properly in place, many women report it sits comfortably inside the body and does not require much adjusting.
- Fun to do – You may have fun just folding and manipulating the shape of your cup into the "3" or "E" shape.
- Wider midpoint – Some women may find the middle of the cup larger and not as comfortable as the entry point.
- Can be tricky to fold – This fold requires quite a bit of maneuvering to get it in just the right shape. If attempting for the first time, go slowly and make sure you have a good hold on the rim of the cup.
- Not easy to hold in place – As mentioned above, this fold pops open VERY easily – this also makes holding the shape a bit tricky.
- Not for beginners – The "3" or "E" fold is definitely not recommended for beginners as it is a trickier fold to hold and can be difficult to insert (especially on the first try).
Ready to learn how to do the "3" or "E" fold? Take a look at the video below for a quick tutorial!
Which is your favorite fold? Do you know a fold we didn’t list above or mention in the video? Let us know! Join the discussion in the comments below, or find us on Facebook!
Don’t forget to visit us online at SckoonCup.com! Your period should be a breeze, and with SckoonCup, an internally worn menstrual cup, it will be. Discover a clean, effective alternative to tampons or disposable pads. Made from FDA approved soft medical-grade silicon, it’s safe, reusable, environmentally friendly, and pretty, too!