How to Fold a Menstrual Cup: The Double 7 Menstrual Cup Fold
Having difficulty getting your menstrual cup to open? Maybe the insertion process is too difficult? No problem! Today we have a new fold for you: The Double 7 menstrual cup fold! Let’s investigate the pro’s and con’s of this fold.
The pros of using the Double 7 fold include:
- Small insertion point - The Double 7 Fold has one of the smallest insertion points which is a positive for many. While not as compact as the 7 fold or the punch-down fold, many report this fold is easier for them to insert over the C/U fold.
- Pops open easily – Due to the unique shape of the fold, this fold definitely pops open easily. Once inserted, simply remove your fingers and the fold instantly pops open.
- Easy to fold – The Double 7 Fold is exactly what the name says, you simply fold the cup (both sides) using the 7 Fold method.
- Wider midpoint – Some women may find the middle of the cup larger and not as comfortable as the entry point.
- Must have a good hold on the center - As this fold does not fold into itself, it requires the user to have a firm grip on the cup. This can make the insertion process difficult if you prefer to be less hands on.
- Not good for beginners - Due to the wider size of the midpoint and the trickier hold, this fold may not work well for beginners, but you should certainly try it and decide if it is right for you!
Ready to learn how to do the Double 7 fold? Take a look at the video below for a quick tutorial!
Which is your favorite fold? Do you know a fold we didn’t list above or mention in the video? Let us know! Join the discussion in the comments below, or find us on Facebook!
Don’t forget to visit us online at SckoonCup.com! Your period should be a breeze, and with SckoonCup, an internally worn menstrual cup, it will be. Discover a clean, effective alternative to tampons or disposable pads. Made from FDA approved soft medical-grade silicon, it’s safe, reusable, environmentally friendly, and pretty, too!