How to Fold a Menstrual Cup: The Labia Menstrual Cup Fold
Having difficulty getting your menstrual cup to open? Maybe the insertion process is too difficult? No problem! Today we have a new fold for you: The Labia menstrual cup fold! Let’s investigate the pro’s and con’s of this fold.
The pros of using the Labia fold include:
- Small insertion point - The Labia Fold has a smaller insertion points which is a positive for many. While not as compact as the 7 fold or the punch-down fold, many report this fold is easier for them to insert over the C/U fold.
- Pops open easily – Due to the unique shape of the fold, this fold definitely pops open easily. Once inserted, simply remove your fingers and the fold instantly pops open.
- Fun to do – You may have fun just folding and manipulating the shape of your cup into the shape.
- Not good for beginners - This fold can be tricky to get into shape, making it better for those more familiar with menstrual cups. For beginners, the C Fold and Punch Down Fold are often preferred.
- Wider midpoint – Some women may find the middle of the cup larger and not as comfortable as the entry point.
- Must have a good hold on the center - This fold has the ability to easily pop open (great once inserted). Make sure you have a good grip towards the center/base of the cup to keep the fold in place.
Ready to learn how to do the Labia fold? Take a look at the video below for a quick tutorial!
Which is your favorite fold? Do you know a fold we didn’t list above or mention in the video? Let us know! Join the discussion in the comments below, or find us on Facebook!
Don’t forget to visit us online at SckoonCup.com! Your period should be a breeze, and with SckoonCup, an internally worn menstrual cup, it will be. Discover a clean, effective alternative to tampons or disposable pads. Made from FDA approved soft medical-grade silicon, it’s safe, reusable, environmentally friendly, and pretty, too!