How to Fold a Menstrual Cup: The Origami Fold
Having difficulty getting your menstrual cup to open? Maybe the insertion process is too difficult? No problem! Today we have a new fold for you: The Origami menstrual cup fold! Let’s investigate the pro’s and con’s of this fold.
The pros of using the Origami fold include:
- Small insertion point - Once folded inward, the Origami fold has a fairly small insertion point similar to the Punch Down fold..
- Pops open easily – Similar to the Punch Down fold, the Origami fold pops open easily once inserted correctly. If not fully opened, just wiggle the cup around slightly until the seal is complete.
- Fun to do – You may have fun just folding and manipulating the shape of your cup into the shape.
- Not good for beginners - This fold can be tricky to get into shape, making it better for those more familiar with menstrual cups. For beginners, the C Fold and Punch Down Fold are often preferred.
- Wider midpoint – Some women may find the middle of the cup larger and not as comfortable as the entry point.
- Must have a good hold on the center - This fold has the ability to easily pop open (great once inserted). Make sure you have a good grip towards the center/base of the cup to keep the fold in place.
Ready to learn how to do the Origami fold? Take a look at the video below for a quick tutorial!
Which is your favorite fold? Do you know a fold we didn’t list above or mention in the video? Let us know! Join the discussion in the comments below, or find us on Facebook!
Don’t forget to visit us online at SckoonCup.com! Your period should be a breeze, and with SckoonCup, an internally worn menstrual cup, it will be. Discover a clean, effective alternative to tampons or disposable pads. Made from FDA approved soft medical-grade silicon, it’s safe, reusable, environmentally friendly, and pretty, too!